COMbricks is a modular system that allows a mix of automation components on a backplane. Repeater modules can be inserted next to a PROFIBUS slave and at the same time, in a web browser over Ethernet, the condition of the installation can be remotely inspected with ProfiTrace OE.
- Remote maintenance station (ProfiTrace OE)
- Modular repeater backbone with hotswap
- Transparent datahub; repeaters, fibre optic, RS 485-IS, DP slave, etc.
- Gateway between PROFIBUS and PROFINET (DP/PN couplers)
- Remote I/O for PROFIBUS and PROFINET
- 32 modules (10 high-speed modules)
- Wide range of modules available
- ProfiTrace OE
- Hotswap and extendible
- DIN-rail mounting
- IP 20
The monitoring and logging is performed by the repeater modules which are inserted in the backplane. COMbricks is the first system that has integrated the busmonitor in the network components. Deploying COMbricks repeaters for regular automation means an automatic availability of ProfiTrace OE.
E-mail messages provide real-time alerts should malfunctions be detected in the PROFIBUS installation. These can be easily set up through the web server.