Basic PID Control Course
- Apply quantitative feedback control to real processes and machinery,
- Improve the performance or tune controllers in their plant,
- Implement three-term controllers in their programmable control systems (PLCs and DCS systems),
- Identify problems and the causes of poor control performance.
- Feedback control system architecture and terminology. Features of real controllers. Typical control systems for level, pressure, temperature and flow control. Hands-on practical operation of a control system.
- Common control actions. Simple process dynamics. Common problems associated with feedback control. Hands-on simulation exercises System load performance, reset windup. Control performance measures. Modelling of process dynamics and nonlinearities. Control valve characteristics and problems.
- Simple controller tuning methods. Practical tuning exercises for flow, level and pressure control.